Jun 22, 2011

Happy Solstice!

Scapes by Pixiefarts
Scapes, a photo by Pixiefarts on Flickr.

I spent the first day of summer weeding.

It was a pretty typical day. I went to work. I came home.

I checked on my food growing behind the garage.

Dick left for band practice.
I took a nap. I was so tired. I feel like I didn't sleep at all Monday night. Woke up at 8pm, went back outside, grabbed the other egg from the quail cage.

The upside was the awesome thunderstorm that rolled in at 9:30-10pm. I sat outside with the dogs watching the clouds roll in. What a beautiful light show.
By the time Dick got home, it was raining really hard. I ran out in the rain and got drenched, but it felt really nice! I was cooled down instantly!

Tonight, we make Garlic Scape Pesto
This time I'm gonna use scapes and homegrown flat leaf parsley with walnuts.

1 comment:

  1. Don't let the scapes escape! Too much caffeine this AM.

    ReplyDelete