Apr 21, 2011

I can forsee the future

This is by far my favorite banjo Youtube channel right now.
Rpeek-
Home Made Banjo-in' and Hot Roddin'

He shares my husband's name, but he makes banjos out of gas cans!
I love this.
Earlier this year, I talk to Dicky about growing gourds to make simple stringed instruments. He was all about it.
I've showed him the Rpeek channel when I was first learning to play. He said it was like looking into the future; black frame glasses and full beard.

Last night, I practiced drop thumb in bed. I find it more comfortable to sit in bed and play. Two dogs on the bed and kitty perched on the head board. I switched between the bum-ditty & drop thumb for 30mins. I can now play "Old Molly Hare" with alternating drop thumb.

I am so proud of myself.


Next post..... Easter Dinner.

We do not celebrate Easter for religious reasons. It will be another Sunday family dinner, which we do every week.
This weeks menu does reflect the season. My sister is picking up a Meat Rabbit for dinner. We've never eaten rabbit.
I am very excited to try this meat source. I will be making a small roast chicken in case someone doesn't like it.

Recipe & Pictures this weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment