Mar 28, 2011

Week 2/3

end of week 2? by Pixiefarts
end of week 2? a photo by Pixiefarts on Flickr.

This picture is from last year flock.


Looks like my 9 quail are showing more of their chest feathers. It looks like I have 6 males this time around. Wow! Are you kidding me. I will be keeping all 3 females, PLUS 1 male. That ratio was very good for my hutch. The rest will grow out and go into the freezer.

Sunday Dinner:
We made pizza last night with my sourdough starter. Ooooo Yummy!
I divided the dough in to quarters and rolled them out thin, precooked for a couple minutes. Everyone made their own custom pizzas. My sister made a great salad too! I think that dough will work well on the grill, come this summer.

2 comments:

  1. I hatched 7 not too long ago and ended up with 3 males and 4 females.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! They are so cute when they are just hatched!

    ReplyDelete