Mar 22, 2011

Sourdough Starter

Sourdough Starter by Pixiefarts
Sourdough Starter a photo by Pixiefarts on Flickr.

I'm making a cheated sourdough starter. I used yeast to jump start it. Last time I tried to get "wild yeast" nothing happened. I woke up to this all ballooned up and leaking on my counter this Sunday morning

2c lukewarm water
2c flour
1tbs yeast
1tbs honey

(Note: Too much yeast..... next time 1/2 as much)
Update: Last night (day 2), I took out 1C of starter to make the sponge for bread tonight & fed IT. When I woke up this am the starter filled my Pyrex mixing bowl!

Last night was very nice and sunny. I decided to take advantage of the evening light and look over my garlic bed. I made sure nothing was crowded & covered them with some leaves & mulch. Come on July! I'm ready for Garlic!

No comments:

Post a Comment