Mar 14, 2011

Spring, Stop Hiding! I know your there~

It's official, 2011 growing season is on its way!

Last night five quail hatched with no problems and four more left in the "cooler-bator". I made a new brooder from a 35 gallon tote. I cut open the top and secured mesh wire with zip ties. It looks so sharp! My sister got to see a little baby quail pop out of the egg. She took this photo of the first fuzzy butt before she left.

Popping up like popcorn! 6-8 weeks from now I'll have fresh eggs.

Temperatures are getting a little warmer. I heard a rumor of 51 degrees on Wednesday! I think I might try and plant some lettuce this weekend. I have leftover seeds from last year. Green Leaf & Butter Head seeds are all mixing up in a bag. I don't want them to go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment