Feb 1, 2012

First Rabbit Butcher

First Rabbit Butcher by Pixiefarts
First Rabbit Butcher, a photo by Pixiefarts on Flickr.

Saturday I harvested my first rabbit. Dicky got a picture of me slicing the belly open. I'd have to say that was as easy as cleaning quail!

The parts are in the Crockpot today.
I'm making Rabbit Carnitas.

I made a dry rub:

1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Other stuff in the Crock:
1 Rabbit
2 bay leaves
2 cups chicken broth
peppercorns
orange (1/2)
I sprinkled the dry rub on the parts. Added a couple whole peppercorns & 1/2 a blood orange. Covered it with chicken stock. Low. I started it at 7:15am. I get home at 5, so I'll see how it tastes then!

No comments:

Post a Comment