Feb 2, 2012

Dinner is Served

Rabbit Meat Pulled and simmered in crockpot juicesUnfried Rabbit taco
Dinner is Served!

Yesterday, I posted my recipe for rabbit tacos. I cannot believe how awesome everything turned out!
After 8 hour on low in the crockpot; I strained the meat from the liquid. The kitchen smelled so good, hints of cinnamon & cumin. I pulled the meat from the bones, saving the liquid for later use. I put the meat into a frying pan, along with a little bit of liquid. This simmered on the stove while I did my chores (feed buns & dogs). I cranked the heat on the meat to get some crunchy's on one side.
My sister came over for dinner. When she heard what I was making, she couldn't pass it up. We fried shells, topped with fresh limes & cilantro. Dicky made up some re-fried beans. I bought Spanish Rice from my local taco joint around the block. I'm terrible at making Spanish rice.Anyone have a good recipe with chunky of tomatoes?

What a great midweek dinner.
I think this dinner won DH over on my meat raising hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment