May 2, 2011

First egg Double yoker

First egg Double yoker by Pixiefarts
First egg Double yoker, a photo by Pixiefarts on Flickr.

Poor little hen.

My girls started to lay on Friday (48 days since hatch). I found 2 eggs that night. On Saturday, I found the big one, after we got back from the farmers market. The right egg is elongated compared to the left. It was her first egg ever and that whopper popped out. Whoa!

(Side note: Weighed the Roo's at 7 weeks. One Roo is growing larger than the rest. Time to switch em up!)

I picked up a rosemary plant, dish rags & popcorn kernels while we was at the market. I also stopped at the Milano bakery and I bought day old sandwich buns (12 for $1.50) & mini lemon tarts. Dicky took my last $2.50 to buy white chicken chili for himself.

I spent the rest of the day planting lettuce, bunching onions, chives & spinach.

Later that night, Dicky had a show at The Berkley Front. "The Bad Hats" put on a good show. They played a couple new songs. My friends from knitting showed up and seemed to have a great time.

Thank you Marj for taking pictures!
Thank you everyone who showed up!

Next show, May 14th with Spaceband at The Old Miami.

No comments:

Post a Comment